Imagine that just 8 months ago, I entered the medical program with thoughts of leaving as soon as I could. I didn't feel comfortable around my classmates; they were like complete strangers to me. And I couldn't seem to be as close to them as I was with my A-levels friends.
September came and went.
No matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't leave.
And I was depressed to be stuck there.
But by then, I was on quite friendly terms with my classmates. Not as close as my other friends, but not strangers anymore.
Then came December~
I got the offer letter. And I knew for sure that I would be able to leave.
But...somehow, I felt a little reluctant.
On my side at least, I felt happy to be around my classmates. They have become my friends. Maybe not very very very close, but close enough that I would feel sad leaving them. I had so much fun during my time spent with them.
The outings~
The gatherings~
The meals together~
The supposedly studying together~
The events we carried out together~
And most importantly... THE GOSSIPS!! XD
I postponed leaving for as long as I could.
I still went for classes.
I still went for events.
I still gossiped to my heart's content =P
But the time came eventually.
The Friday before I left, my classmates had a farewell party for me.
Steamboat and a present I didn't expect~
More importantly were the people who turned up. I didn't expect that many people to come. Even those that usually didn't join in for gatherings or outings, or those who always go back on Fridays, stayed back for a while just to come. I'm really amazed. And for all that they have done, I am sincerely grateful and appreciative.
Thank you everyone!
Though I wish I could see everyone sometime again in the near future, and that I would be able to keep in touch with them still, I don't really think it will be as ideal as I make it out to be.
Our timetables may not be the same, our holidays not at the same time, we have nothing in common anymore, or it may be just that you don't feel like keeping in contact anymore. Who knows? And who can stop you from making that decision?
Goodbyes really are the hardest.
Especially when you are leaving a group of people you can call your friends, to a new place where everyone is a total stranger.
Goodbye, everyone. I will surely and truly miss you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment