Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm Loving Life! =)

Life is good to me.

Though I may not have gotten what I wanted so badly initially, I'm more than thankful of my current situation.

During my times of need, family and friends were there with me. They were genuinely concerned about my well-being, and I truly appreciate it. They even know me better than I know myself. Even though I thought I was okay (and I told them so whenever they asked), they knew that I was actually struggling to come to terms with the harsh reality. They comforted me, encouraged me, supported me, and brought me much joy and laughter in those times of depression. Without them, I wouldn't have come out of my depression. Without them, I would probably still be a zombie, walking around each day, yet not knowing what is wrong with myself. With their help, I've managed to accept this fact. I've finally let it all go... And it's all thanks to them. My family. My friends. Thank you all so much!! =)

This university I'm currently studying in is not my first choice university. I wanted to run away from here badly. I wanted to go somewhere which I believed was better. But now, after 4 months together with my course mates, I begin to wonder. If I were to be given a choice to stay or to leave, would I stay or would I leave? 1 thing for sure, I would definitely miss them. My classmates, and also my lecturers.

In class, we manage to get along well with each other, even though we practically do not know each other. Sometimes, there will be conflict among us, but, hey, who doesn't? We talk, we laugh, we gossip. We're one big happy family. hahah...

A brief run-down of the activities we've had so far (and of course only those that I have attended).
(1) If I remember correctly, the first ever class activity I attended was dinner at Dylan's place. Some 20++ of us cramped into his unit (while his housemates were away), and had curry noodles for dinner. But dinner is not the end of it. We were to reluctant to leave I guess, and so had a game of Truth-and-Dare. Not really fun as in exciting or thrilling (I guess we still didn't know each other well enough to know what questions to ask :p), but I enjoyed it. You wouldn't believe some of the stupid questions that people could come up with, and the answers people give - direct and way too truthful. xD

(2) The second one was a trip to Nadia's house in Bentong, for her Hari Raya Open House. My parents were shocked to know that I wanted to go all the way to Pahang just for lemang and rendang. But then, we should always try something we've never done before right? =DD

(3) Then it was BBQ at Boe's place. The place he lives in...... is a mansion, with a swimming pool too. Another house will be built on the remaining land his dad bought, just beside his house, for his younger brother, and they shall share the swimming pool. His house is one that has all the names of the family members on the gate. And it's written in front of his house : Rumah Boez. How cool is that? His dad actually designed the house himself, using some designs from a palace. And his house is actually bigger than the original palace where the design came from. Walking into his house is just like walking into a museum. Antiques everywhere, with even an antique phone!! He even has cat houses which are bigger than the rooms we're currently staying in. Some of us (including me) even volunteered to work at his house. 1 will be the gardener, another the plate-washer, another the sweeper, another the swimming pool cleaner, and another the door man. Hahaha... Just so that we can stay at his house. And his place is so organised. His family photo albums goes into one cupboard, videos from olden times into another, and he has so much books at home that we think he may have a better collection of medical books than our university itself. =D

(4) Ah... after crashing Dylan's and Boe's, we just had to find another 'victim'. Jasmaine. My last trip to Melaka was ages ago, in primary school. So I was extremely happy when the trip to Melaka was suggested. Of course, the fact that the main purpose of the trip was nothing but EAT, EAT and EAT just added to my eagerness. I couldn't wait for the day of the trip. Yet, when that day came, I almost never went. But in the end, I did. And I did not regret a single moment of it. =) The trip was all about light bulbs (poor lil' Deepak-thanks to me, he got to be a big blinking light bulb, yet he wasn't aware of it), Jonker walk (sadly I didn't finish the entire length of it. And the laksa was totally horrible. Yucks!), satay celup (hmmmm..it didn't really taste that good to me, but then, Boe said that I chose the wrong things to celup =D), Jasmaine's mom's birthday (Oh, her mom is like totally COOL~ even told us which clubs to go to if we wanted to go clubbing. Haha..), releasing our Kong Ming Deng (3 of them-academic, love and general), walking around the I-dunno-what-walk (with Boe acting as our chaperone-I feel. He's like a big brother to us, constantly looking out for our safety), and then back to our rented place for mahjong (during which I was questioned as to whether I'm even Chinese because I coudn't play mahjong), cards, and lantern walk at 5am!!! The dogs in the neighbourhood were barking like crazy when we passed by, and I think people who walked by our house in the morning must think that we're luncatics. But then again, I think we are. =P



Only 4 months into the programme, and we're having so much fun. I'm anticipating yet more to come! Now, who was it that said medical students are boring and don't know how to have fun??



What else can I say?



I'm Loving Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment